Jenn Hubbard tagged me a couple of weeks ago. I’ve never been tagged before. You’re supposed to answer some questions then tag someone else to answer in turn, but since this blog has a readership of roughly two people (hi, Mum!), I won’t bother with that part.
Jenn was very clever and answered in character as one of the characters from her books, but it’s late and that would make my brain hurt, so you’ll just have to put up with me. Feel free to go watch reruns of Gilligan’s Island or wash your hair or whatever instead.
1. What are your nicknames? They’re mostly private, often unflattering. One I can own up to is “Pup”, which my family have been calling me since I was tiny. “Pup” was one of the first words I learned to say (I’ve always been a dog-lover!) and I liked it so much I used it for everything.
2. What do you do before bedtime? Usually put off going to bed until I’m so exhausted the next day is a wipe-out.
3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD form? Seriously, people remember this stuff? I can hardly remember my children’s names some days.
4. What is your favorite scent? That’s a hard one as I have an excellent sense of smell and am very conscious of scents. Maybe frangipanis or the ocean. I don’t like perfume because it’s too strong.
5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? You mean after I stopped rolling in it and squealing?
6. What one place have you visited that you can’t forget and want to go back to? My mind’s gone completely blank. I know a few places that I haven’t been that I’d love to go, though, like Venice, Japan, Canada.
7. Do you trust easily? Afraid so. They invented the word gullible for me, you know.
8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? Definitely think – often so much that I never get to the acting part.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? Just the usual – not winning the lottery yet.
10. Do you have a good body-image? Are you kidding? So many billion women in the world and only a dozen supermodels. The odds are not good.
11. What is your favorite fruit? Mangoes.
12. What websites do you visit daily? Mainly writers’ blogs, like the ones on my sidebar. Also my writers’ group.
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Peppermint chocolate. My obsession has reached such tragic proportions I’ve even done a scrapbook page about it.
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Jenn seems to be a very deep thinker. Her posts on writing are very insightful. She’s also friendly and welcoming to visitors.
15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? Ants in the apple, a-a-a. What, you don’t know this one? My dear, you haven’t lived! There’s a whole alphabet full of them, all the way up to “zippy zebra, z-z-z – and that’s the sound that z makes”. It takes six minutes and forty-something seconds to sing the whole thing, and as soon as you finish, Baby Duck says, “Let’s do it again, Mum!”. Yee-hah.
16. What’s your favorite item of clothing? My new green top.
17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy? Not sure what these are. Must be an American thing. Assuming they’re some kind of breakfast cereal, I would probably prefer my homemade muesli, which is so scrummy I hunted down a hospital dietician and begged her for the recipe.
18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground? Assume it was a trick.
19. What items could you not go without during the day? Did I mention the thing with the peppermint chocolate?
20. What should you be doing right now? Sleeping. See answer to Question 2.